8-year old who went to mosque and never returned: CBI takes up probe | Chandigarh News – DollarJob

8-year old who went to mosque and never returned: CBI takes up probe | Chandigarh News


Around two years after the mysterious disappearance and killing of an eight-year-old boy, Rizwan, who had gone to his village mosque in Haryana’s Palwal district, CBI registered an FIR and launched a manhunt to nab the culprits.

Days after Rizwan went missing on December 23, 2021, his mutilated body was reportedly found in the fields of Nagla Ahsanpur village in Palwal district after one week on December 30.

Rizwan, a resident of Khatela Sarai village (Palwal), had gone to a mosque in his village around 5.30 pm on December 23, 2021, but he never returned home after that, disappearing without a trace. A week later his body, with a disfigured face, was found in the fields of Nagla Ahsanpur village on December 30, 2021.

Despite an FIR registered by Haryana Police based on a complaint filed by Rizwan’s father Mustaq, there was no progress in the investigation. Subsequently, Mustaq approached the high court, seeking a CBI investigation into the matter and the court directed the central investigating agency to file an FIR on January 4, 2024.

Sources revealed that a CBI team visited the crime scene and Mustaq’s residence on Wednesday and collected relevant records. Inspector Gurtar Singh, under SP (CBI) Navdeep Singh Brar’s supervision, is leading the investigation.

Festive offer

Talking to The Indian Express, Mustaq said, “Police nai kuch nahi kiya thaa..unho nai to case bhi band kaar diya tha..Rizwan doosri class mai padta tha..sham ko masjid gaya tha..uski laash ek haftai baad mili..police nai mujah bata ki mere bete kai charee paa tezab dala hai..cbi wale aayee thai aaj, mere bete ki photo laye gayi hai.(Police did nothing in the case. They even closed the investigation. My son Rizwan was studying in Class II. He had gone to a local mosque. His body was found after one week. A policeman had told me that assailants had poured acid on my son’s face. His tongue was cut off and one eye gouged out. Today (Wednesday) CBI officials visited my house and collected my son’s photograph along with relevant documents from me.”

Mustaq had named three persons in his plea to the high court, suggesting their involvement in the case due to a property dispute. The affidavit from DSP Sajjan Singh submitted in the high court mentioned negative brain-mapping test results of the three suspects. The medical board that studied the postmortem report couldn’t provide a definite cause of death, though circumstantial evidence was considered.

In his high court plea, Mustaq, a daily wager, had also stated that Haryana Police’s investigation failed to find the culprits and the postmortem report did not indicate natural causes of Rizwan’s death.

The CBI registered an FIR under Section 302 (murder), 365 (kidnapping) and 201 (destruction of evidence) of the IPC.


Leave a Comment